Steamed Thai fish cakes
By Nico Moretti (page 103, cooking passions, food for friends cook-book)
Find more recipes by Nico in our July issue 2016
600g white fish filets (snapper or perch), trimmed and diced into 1 inch cubes
2 tbsp red Thai curry paste, or to taste
4 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
60g coconut milk/cream
1 egg white
10 green beans, sliced into thin rounds
2 spring onions, green part only, finely chopped
1 cup bean shoots, for garnish
1 red chilli, sliced for garnish
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp chopped coriander stalks and leaves
- Place roughly chopped fish pieces, curry paste, chopped kaffir lime leaves, coconut cream and egg white into Thermie bowl and set dial to closed lid position. Chop and mix by pulsing the Turbo button 5 times or until combined, but not pureed.
- Remove from bowl and fold in sliced green beans and chopped spring onions.
- Divide into 24 equal portions and, with wetted hands, flatten the mixture into fish cakes and position in 2 layers of Varoma trays.
- Add 400ml of water to Thermie bowl and steam fish cakes for 15 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1, until cooked through.
- Serve with dipping sauce and garnished with bean shoots and sliced chilli.