Non Tuna Balls
by Andrea Alf
Vegan – Gluten Free – Dairy Free
makes about 12 balls
These “Non Tuna Balls” are perfect as entre or for entertaining family and friends.
They are easy to make, healthy and even suitable for Vegans.
Feel free to add your favourite spices to flavour even more this very fresh and “herby” finger food.
40g Sunflower Seeds – soaked for 2 hours
70g Cashews – soaked for 2 hours
1 handful flat parsley
1 sellerie stick
1/2 red onion
3 tbsp lemon juice (or 1 drop essential lemon oils)
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp kelp powder (optional)
2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
1 tsp white miso paste
1/2 cucumber sliced in 0.5 cm slices
- Place parsley in TM bowl and chop 4 sec / speed 7.
- With blades running on speed 4.5 put onion and celery through hole in the lid and chop 4 sec.
- Put soaked (water needs be be discarded) nuts and seeds in bowl and process 30 sec / speed 4.5 – scrape sides down and do it a further time or until you have a sticky mixture.
- Add lemon juice, salt, dill, miso, kelp powder etc. and mix until combined and you can form into balls.
- Place the non tuna balls on the cucumber slices and decorate with dill, parsley or onion rings.
- Serve immediately
Happy Thermie cooking & living
PS: Are you interested in more vegan recipes, please look in our current magazine issue. Phoebe TL’s editor shares a very delicious steamed mushroom bun recipe and many more great ideas for plant based cooking.
Just search for Thermie Living on your mobile device and download the magazine from only $1.49.